1.18.2011

30.6

So, I gave my mom & Jimmy's mom ideas for my shower, because I don't want a typical baby shower. I like things to be different. Most of the people I know hate going to baby showers, so I wanted mine to be more of a girls brunch-type feel. Not a room where you walk in and everything is plastered with pastel baby decor.

I want something modern, classy, and fun. They only things that I wanted that "said baby shower" are: the gift opening backdrop & me- the giant pregnant lady. My mom kept bugging me, "well what is going to be in the room that tells people they are at a baby shower?" Don't the people already know why they are there? HAHA. Why do we have to go all cheesy and spell it out for them?

We were talking about how she could decorate the cake. She is a great cake designer & has probably envisioned making some elaborate baby shower cake for me since the day I got married. haha. Then here I go with, I don't want it to look "babyish." My theme is Snowflakes. The colors are sparkly, white, silver & green. So I wanted the cake to have snowflakes & edible glitter on it. "But where does it say Baby? People are gonna ask." ugh! That question again? I thought we were over that. And who cares if people ask that. Tell them we like to be creative & the Mom-to-Be hates that Baby Shower crap that is already made. haha Ok.....so I thought, alright, you can put an old-fashioned baby carriage on it as a cake topper. She loved the idea. Only one problem....where the heck am I going to find one....

So, I'm off on a hunt for one today, hope my immune system can handle it.


*I was checking out the pre-fab baby shower kit stuff. I told my mom she should be HAPPY that I don't want that junk. It's A) too common B) WAY over priced. At least the stuff we are using can be used again for something completely different. She agreed. Plus, when do I ever do anything by the "kit"? Think outside the box, people. Don't get me wrong, I do think some of the Baby Shower stuff is cute & finally less cheesy, BUT I want something that no one else does. I mean, someone can't just go to a baby shower section and find the AWESOME glittery decorations we got. Why? Because they are NOT from the baby shower section. wooooHAHAHAHA. ok i gtg.

No comments:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...