10.04.2010

the nursery

Ok...so I came up with how I want to paint the room! There really isn't a theme yet. But that's ok by me. I'm still on the fence about finding out the sex. If I do find out, then I will be able to have more of a theme. Sorry this picture is so blurry. I obviously wasn't trying to win any awards with this shot. So this is what the room looked like before. I really like the green we chose 7 yrs ago, so I had the paint lady try to match that as close as possible. We bought that paint at Lowe's. The new paint is from Home Depot & might I just add, it is AWESOME paint! The Behr Premium. All you really need is one coat. I did 2 just because I had more paint.
This is after one coat.

1. It isn't dry yet {so it should darken}
2. The color is more like the before picture than this. In this shot, it looks like vibrant pea soup. NOT what it looks like in person. haha

So anyway, I did a pretty good job, considering that I shouldn't be painting at all. I had the window open and a tiny little fan sucking the fumes outside. I also wore gloves & a dust mask thingy, & took some breaks. So hopefully that kept the little nugget save.

But for doing a room all by my lonesome, I think it is turning out A.O.K. I also had to rip down the chair rail, spackle & sand, too.

I did however run into a leeettle problem. The vent that was up on the wall was painted over, so it was basically glued to the wall. I chiseled away some paint to get the screws moving. Well, only one screw would come out. The other one was basically not screwed into anything, so it wasn't coming out. I used an utility knife to cut around the vent so that when I pulled it off hopefully the surrounding paint wouldn't go with it.

Yeah well, I slipped with the knife and put a little mark on the wall. A few F-bombs later, I had to chisel the rest of the vent off. I then was able to take it off of the wall, but unfortunately part of the wall came with it. There was nothing I could do since the vent was painted over & stuck to the wall. So I screamed, "Why doesn't anyone effing ever help me!? Why am I always doing $h!T for other people?!?" Then my eyes got a little teary, but that honestly only last 2 seconds. {which is crazy bc I'm a crier} I sucked it up & decided I am not helping anyone ever again. That made me satisfied enough to keep working. But we all know I will probably help people, even though I get ABSOLUTELY nothing in return. So instead of crying because nobody would help me, I just kept painting away.

I'm sure for awhile every time I look at that vent, I'm going to get pissed off. Now I have to figure out what to do with the vent. Because, I obviously have to put the same one back up, since it's not standard size. It's the tan color from the paint before, and OF COURSE it sits RIGHT where I am putting stripes.

Really?
The electrical outlets were also painted green, from the color before. So, I'm going to see if I could try and use paint thinner to get that off. Definitely something I shouldn't be around, but it's whatever.

*turns out the guy who did stuff to this house before we moved in.....we call him the Caulk Guy....well he CAULKED THE VENT TO THE WALL!!! That is part of the reason why I had so much trouble getting that damn thing off.

No comments:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...