9.09.2010

nursery...

So I wanted to work on the nursery today, but I'm completely stumped on what to do. I have all of these ideas flowing thru my head.

frogs
beach theme
monkeys
turtles
ABC theme
fairies (if a girl)
sports (if a boy)
The Little Mermaid (girl)
"under the sea" [complete with seahorses, starfish, etc]
Nursery Rhymes [which we couldn't forget the classic nursery rhyme "I Love Little Pussy."]

I love little pussy,
Her coat is so warm,
And if I don't hurt her,
She'll do me no harm.
So I'll not pull her tail,
Nor drive her away,
But pussy and I,
Very gently will play.

Seriously? How can anyone take that the right way?

The walls: I still want green incorporated. But now I have no clue what to do
- all green with a chair rail [color of chair rail?]
- green [top] with wainscoting [but what color? cream?] and then what color would i make the frames in the room? should it be higher wainscoting or the average height [i think 3.5']
- stripes. [on top or bottom? vertical or horizontal? what colors?]


Since I don't know the sex of the baby, I have to keep the colors on the wall unisex. And I already have ideas on some things I'd like to hang on the walls. So I need to know what color frames to buy.

Ugh! Maybe today we can just sand & stain the dresser & toy chest....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooooooo, how much longer until we can BLAB?!? Am I your only blog fan? I haven't even told the girls!! Come on!! PLEAAAASE???

Ok, got my whining out of the way. I love the green idea (my fave color, too). I guess I'd go with white wainscoting - just don't get any Newfoundlands who muddy it up immediately upon painting :/ grrr Oooo but then stripes. Stripes are cute too. We just tried to go as neutral as possible and not too themey so we didn't HAVE to re-paint when the baby decided they hated XYZ or the room was too baby-ish for a 4 year old. I still miss our first nursey.

Ok, back to work. But seriously, when can I BLAB???

thb said...

i'm thinking wait to blab until i'm about 22 wks. haha. so there is only 9 more to go! I'm thinking the theme part would be added stuff to the room. So the walls should be semi-neutral. I'm really overwhelmed with the ideas in my head. I'm not used to such brainstorming anymore. LOL. I have a talking Mother Goose and Ugly Duckling (life sized) and they would look kinda cute in the room.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...